For an application or more information, contact Nichelle Kaul, Salem Business Administrator.
Sanctuary Choir Section Leader/Soloist
Reports to: Sanctuary Choir Director
Position Summary: The Sanctuary Choir Section Leader/Soloist will partner with the Sanctuary Choir Director during the choir season (runs late August through May) to give section leadership to the Choir and to provide soloist work as requested.
- Provide musical leadership for the section in rehearsal and performance.
- Lead occasional sectionals during Wednesday rehearsals.
- Perform as a soloist when needed.
- Serve at the discretion of the Sanctuary Choir Director, supporting and following the Director’s choices and decisions.
- Support Salem’s mission, ministries, policies, and procedures.
- Represent Christ’s love and care in contacts and relationships with church attenders, co-workers, and guests.
- Be a team player, functioning collaboratively with the staff.
- Attend all Wednesday evening choir rehearsals (7:00 – 8:30 pm).
- Attend all Sunday morning services in which the Sanctuary Choir sings (averages 3/month, yearly schedule will be provided).
- Attendance at Thanksgiving Eve, Salem Christmas Concert, Christmas Eve, and Easter services is mandatory.
- Secure a substitute for any rehearsals or performances that are missed. Absence due to sudden illness may be excused.
- Preferred candidate will be enrolled in formal music education or actively pursuing ongoing musical studies.