Volunteer Opportunities at Salem
Children and Family Ministry—Contact Executive Pastor Alice Johnson
• Sunday small group leaders for Rooted Sunday School (grades 1-3)
• Wednesday evening small group leaders for AWANA (preschool–grade 5)
• KidCheck manager Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings
Nursery Helper—Contact Nursery Coordinator Mary Jacobson
Salem’s Nursery needs volunteers. Volunteering in the nursery enables parents to fully engage in worship, attend a Sunday School class, or volunteer in some other area. Aside from spending time with some of the littlest, most charming and adorable Salem members, being a nursery volunteer is a great way to meet and connect with other adults. Plus, there is no prep!
Child Caregiver for MOPSKid—Contact Childcare Coordinator Marcy Grant
During the MOPS program, volunteers are needed to care for children (birth-age 5) twice monthly, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Volunteers tend to the babies and guide play activities. No teaching or preparation involved. A Bible story teacher and music time teacher are provided for each classroom. Serve with three to four volunteers per classroom.
Connecting Ministry—Contact Community Engagement Pastor Terri Russell
• If you would like to greet people at the doors, please sign up at the bulletin board behind the Welcome Center or contact Pastor Terri.
• We also need volunteers in the kitchen on Wednesday nights. We especially need help in cleaning up at the end of the dinners.
Care Ministry—Contact Congregational Care Pastor Dan Bergstrom
• Caring Friends: volunteer to be paired with someone who is homebound, sick, or troubled, and reach out the way a friend would to another friend to assure them of God’s love and the church’s concern for them. Phone calls, emails, or home visits are options for you and your Caring Friend!
• We have also received several requests from individuals who would like a ride from their home to worship services on Sundays. Contact Executive Pastor Alice Johnson.
Thrive Ministry—Contact Thrive Director Amie Lorence Grubidge
• Thrive Ministry offers support for families affected by disabilities during most church programming. Volunteer on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, at any all-church event, or at the special Thrive events on the second Friday of each month. Volunteer for one occasion or on a regular basis!
Worship—Contact Facilities Pastor Andrew Stonina
•We need ushers during both the Traditional and Contemporary services each week and especially during extra holiday services.
Scripture Reader—Contact Pastoral Administrative Assistant Patrice Hammar or Call (651-633-9615 ex. 342)
•Read the Sunday morning Scripture lesson on a Sunday convenient for you. Adults and youth are welcome to read. Scripture passages are provided to readers in advance.
Repair and Wash Praise and Joy Singers Robe—Contact Music Coordinator Cindy Reents
We need a few good seamstresses to inspect the children’s choir robes, make repairs (torn hems, ripped seams, etc.) and take them home to launder. The robes are machine washable and dryable. Do not require ironing.
Technology —Contact Technical Director Bjorn Pederson
•Streaming services requires the coordination of several volunteers every Sunday. We are especially in need of people to run the slides in both services, as well as people to handle video switching in the Contemporary Service. Training is provided!
Facility—Contact Facilities Pastor Andrew Stonina
•Volunteer on Wednesday mornings with other handy people to address needed repairs and small updates around the property.
Prayer Ministry—Contact Pastoral Administrative Assistant Patrice Hammar
•Pray regularly, where and when you are able, and as the Spirit leads, for Salem’s ministries. A weekly update will be emailed to you with a list of prayer requests.