Game Ready. Life Ready. Registration is Open!
Basketball is a fun sport to play because it has relatively few rules, you can play it year round—both indoors and out—and it’s equally fun to play or practice individually or with a team. Early exposure to basketball will help improve player’s hand-eye coordination and develop their understanding of both offensive and defensive roles. This program is one of the few available that is equipped to teach young people through age-appropriate practice sessions and has shorter hoops designed for this age group.
Each basketball session will develop the individual skills of all players including their dribbling skills and ball-handling abilities, passing and team play, shooting technique, and overall game understanding. Each session will progress from individual play to a final game.
- Practices: Thursdays, January 10-February 28, 6:00-7:00 p.m. No practice on February 7.
- End-of-the-season jamboree and award ceremony: Saturday, March 2, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (game schedule TBD)
Registration is open!
- The registration fee is $80 but if you register by Friday, December 21, you will receive $10 off per player! Cost includes a reversible basketball jersey and participation trophy.
- Register here (if you do not yet have an active KidCheck account, create that first here and then click the link to register for the basketball program).
This preschool program is designed to teach children various ways to move their bodies and basic sports skills like throwing, catching, kicking, and dribbling (with feet and hands). These skills are great building blocks for future sport learning and a fun way to stay active!
Students meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., share a bag lunch meal together, and then play some movement games and activities. Please bring your own bag lunch each week. The cost per participant for the Winter Session is $65 and includes entry fee and transportation to field trip sites. Additional Jam Hop waiver will need to be completed.
Schedule (11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., with exception of field trip days which end at 2:00 p.m.)
- All Program Days – January 7, 14, 23, 28, February 4, 11, 20, 25
- Eagle’s Nest Field Trip Days—Wednesday: January 23 from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Jam Hops Field Trip Days—Mondays: January 14 and February 11 from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Registration is open!
- Register here (if you do not yet have an active KidCheck account, you will need to first create an account and then click the link to effectively register for this program).
- You will receive an email update one week prior to the start of the first Movement Monday session.